Friday 11 November 2011

Letter two:

16th September 1930
Liberty St. 364, Alabama St., USA


Dear Philip:

This time I'm writing you to tell you about my family, we really like to go hunting or fishing as a good family, we used to go more often before though, the Great Depression thing affected all USA, but especially Alabama, because there are lots of very poor families like us. We also like to go camping.

My family standard of living currently is very bad, the only good thing we have as a family is that the work of my father is self-dependante in the way he doesn't have a boss, I also work with him a lot of times, mainly because as I told you our economic situation isn't good at all, that way all my family needs to help for our living.

As you may know, my father works in our small ranch, selling corn and potatoes, which we also use to eat, also we have two cows, we use and sell milk from them. My mother helps my father when she can, but she also helps in the house by cooking, cleaning and other stuff.

Looking forward to hearing you,

Matías Neuweiler

No comments:

Post a Comment